Recycle 2 Support – What We Do
• We provide consumers with a convenient and eco-friendly option to dispose of unwanted clothing, shoes, books, toys, and household items, which we divert from ending up in landfills and wasting natural resources.
• We also create jobs in our community, help raise funds for our partners, and educate our community about textile recycling.
• After collecting the donations, we will sort them to be reused or recycled, while keeping everything out of landfills!
Why is textile recycling important?
According to the US EPA (Environmental Protection Agency):
- Textile waste occupies nearly 5% of all landfill space.
- 85% of post-consumer textile waste is NOT recycled each year in the U.S. (despite almost 95% of it being recyclable!)
- The average US citizen throws away 70 pounds of clothing and other textiles annually.